Tuesday, December 6, 2011

How beneficial is it to start using a straight razor?

Hello guys,





I have been interested in getting myself a straight razor since it seems to be an interesting and more traditional way to shave. I am currently finding Gillette disposable blades far too expensive.


I would be interesting in hearing the advantages/disadvantages. If it helps to let you know, I am 16.


Any tips on shaving would be appreciated as well.


Thanks!|||That method of shaving was traditional at one time %26amp; there was no choice unless you wore a bushy beard.


You will need a leather strap to keep it sharpened %26amp; a mug of shaving soap if you plan to make it all as authentic as possible.


There are no safeguards to prevent you from knicking your skin during shaving, like coated blades to make it glide over the skin. You must allow extra time to shave so you don't show up at school or work looking like your face has been thru a war zone.


Shaving should be an 'art' - not a 'chore.'|||It definitely should be cheaper. I remember when twin blade disposable razors were introduced (I still use an metal handle Atra razor but buy the off-brand cartridges which are much, much less than the gillette brand) and since then the number of blades has increased...3...4...5. I tried a 4 blade once and didn't notice any significant difference, but I notice the huge price difference.





Another option is to use electric razors. I've tried different ones and find that one with rotary blades seem to give the best result EXCEPT on my neck whick gets easily nicked by it.





(In case you're wondering, I'm not Angie. She asked me to answer this.)

No comments:

Post a Comment