Friday, December 2, 2011

How do I shave with a straight razor? Are there any benefits of doing this?

I have a very furry face and it grows back really quick. I also heard that a straight razor would get a closer shave, but takes some skill to use. I can't afford an electric razor and thought the straight razor would be an affordable alternative. Any advice?|||Learn from my mistake. Don't by those cheap disposable razors, they give you razor burn. Also, I have bought those really high end electric razors and they didn't work well for me. My experience with a straight razor is that it is nice and nostalgic the first two times, but then gets old.. it takes forever! You cant rush it that's for sure. The best I have used is as follows.


1. Get a $5 multiple blade razor and use hot water and shaving cream. Let the shaving cream sit for a few minutes before you start shaving. My face is a baby's bottom if I shave against the grain (i.e. from bottom to top) but some people get ingrown hairs that way, just go slow.


2. Get a low end electric razor, my preference is the lowest cost Norelco rotary and use an electric razor preshave to get a nice close shave.





All the best!





p.s. I used a battery powered electric all through college b/c who the heck has time to shave? Now that I am in the business world a close shave with a razor cant be beat. Plus rumor is it keeps you looking younger by taking of that dead skin.|||Thanks for voting mine the best! Here is benefits of straight.


1. A much closer shave that lasts longer.


2. A very durable razor.


3. Less likely to "slip" and cut yourself.


4. More affordable over time.


5. Razor can be sharpened again and again, giving you a close, fresh shave every time

Report Abuse


|||VERY carefully and the benifits include that it is pretty F*ing cool and if you are ever attacked you can defend yoursef..





Honestly I have no Idea but maybe ask your barber next time you go, they always seem to use those things |||the only benefits are you look ALOT cooler with a straight blade|||I'm 49 shaved for +30 years ,use throw aways.They are cheaper than using a electric.You would be replacing the foil a lot maybe 1 per month.Use a straight razer BAD idea.Get cut a lot. Nobody to teach you.

No comments:

Post a Comment