Thursday, November 24, 2011

How do I prevent or get rid of razor burn?

I always get razor burn and some ingrown hairs on the backs and inside of my thighs and on the side of my bikini line. To be honest, it gets itchy and I scratch at it so that doesn't help but even when I don't scratch I still get the burn and ingrown hairs. I am always sure to use a good Venus razor bc it has the moursturizing strip and I use sensitive skin Aveeno shaving cream. I still don't know what to do! Help?|||Try using the creams like Nair instead of shaving. I find that it lasts 3-4 weeks without having to do it over and over. And. finally, the awful smell is gone!|||Keep the Aveeno shaving cream, but ditch the venus razor.


Go for a man's razor, such as the Gillette Fusion Power (vibrating kind). Men's razors are the sharpest and prevent razor burn really well.





My older sister uses the Mach 3 and swears by it, but I like the Fusion Power. My boyfriend uses the Fusion that doesn't vibrate, but when he borrowed my razor last week, he definitely liked the vibrating one A LOT better. It was a closer shave.





I also like the vibrating one because it numbs the skin when you shave in delicate areas (arm pits, bikini).





Don't get me wrong, you might still get razor burn the next day, but with a men's razor you will have NO bumps for the first day you shaved. When I used the Venus or Quattro, I got bumps within a few hours.





And as always, if you shave your bikini zone, you are granted to have some itching by the 3rd day :)|||I find that sometimes, even with Nair, I still get razorbrun on the bikini line after a day or so. My best advice would be to moisturize, and that night, even though it may seem gross, sleep without underwear on. The rubbing of the underwar against your skin actually irritates it and encourages razorburn in the bikini area.|||Try shaving after you have had a warm bath or shower.


Use a loofah or rough cloth on your legs to remove dead


skin before shaving. Use a clean sharp razor. Moisturise lots


and keep using the loofah daily as this will stop the hairs from becoming ingrown. If you still have a problem I would suggest you try waxing instead.|||use skintimate when you shave. Razor protection. It comes in yummy flavas. Or you could use the Nair soothing wax kit. Because some people have very sesitive skin and nair makes it worse!!|||try waxing or nair... anything but shaving|||Aloe Vera Gel is good for razor burn

No comments:

Post a Comment