Thursday, November 24, 2011

What is the best way to prevent razor burn, ingrown hairs, and irritation on super sensitive legs?

My skin is really really sensitive. When I was younger shaving would cause me to get lots of infected hair follicules which looked like large zits. Now I've learned to manage it a little better. I use a razor for sensitive legs, I soak in the tub before I shave, I use Aveeno shave gel that is supposed to prevent inflamation and irritation. No matter what I try my legs still burn and itch when I finish shaving, there are numerous ingrown hairs, and little cuts from my razor (which I try not to reuse). Has anyone found any pre or post shave lotions or products that help? Is there any steps that I could take to keep this from happening? Please help!|||Use a moisturizing soap (e.g. Dove) or shower gel to keep your skin from drying out.





Shave towards the end of a short shower so the hairs are softened. Soaking in a bath can break down the skin's moisture barrier.





Try Schick Quattro or Gillette Mach 3 - each one has hydrating strips.





Pat legs dry %26amp; apply aloe vera gel or fragrance free lotion immediately.|||I have had the same problem from time to time, however maybe not so bad. I saw a new product in Allure a few months ago "Sally Hansen Spray on, Shower off hair remover". I was skeptical, but am always trying to find a way to minimize ingrowns. I tried it and am a firm believer! I recently tried to go back to shaving, I guess I was so used to not having the ingrowns that I forgot about them... No good! I even tried a new Nair product that was a dollar or so cheaper and it works no better than the old Nair stuff.. I will ALWAYS use the Sally Hansen product! Even if it is around $6.00, the price to pay for smooth legs and arms is fine with me..|||i would maybe try soaking in bath milk since that will soothe the skin and try some aloe vera since its very conditioning. i would just try to be insanely careful and gentle while you shave your legs so that theres as little pressure as possible and hopefully there wont be leftover bumps or pain. hope you get it figured out :)|||Prevention; infected hair follicles are due to ingrown hairs . One way to treat is first soak 5-10 minutes in bath, then exfoliate w/neutrogena acne body scrub. Shower off thoroughly. Then apply good moisturinzing shave cream, may wait till next day, gives skin a rest to prevent irrtation. Best is go to Md and get a prescription for Retin A, it penetrates skin removing clogged pores and sebaceuos glands which cause ingrown hairs. Follow MD instructions on frequently to use and when. Follow w/sensitive skin 24 hr moisturizing lotion immediately after every bath or shower.|||Sometimes we are in the need of some easy homemade recipes to alleviate the irritation caused by shaving called razor burns, specially men who prefer not to use chemical based products. Here are some home recipes for razor burn. These are safe, though may not work too well for you, it鈥檚 better to try and see what fits you best:





- The Aspirin Paste: Dissolve 2 uncoated aspirins with a small amount of water so you make a paste. Apply the paste on your face and let it rest for some minutes. After that, wash your face with warm water.





- Razor Burn Mask: Mash 2 strawberries with 1 spoon of sour cream, apply for 10 minutes twice a week.





- The Oatmeal Bath: Add Powered Oatmeal to a warm bath and soak for 15 minutes to reduce swelling and itching.





I personally find the aspirin method to be the most effective within home remedies for razor burns, but don鈥檛 be afraid to try them, and tell us how it worked for you.





**To find more type in yahoo: home remedies for razor burn, etc**





Hope this helps.|||If all of the methods you tried did not help, you should look into getting your legs wax!

No comments:

Post a Comment