Thursday, November 24, 2011

How do I prevent razor burn when shaving my legs?

Also what causes a razor burn and how do I get a clean shave without any harm to my skin?|||You should soak your legs in warm water for at least 10 minutes before you shave. Also shaving downwards instead of upwards will help as well.|||soak in warm water for awhile then always use shaving cream, even men's it has lotions in it that help.. Be careful not to push to hard|||Here are some things that I have found that help:





1. make sure your razor is clean and fresh. Dull razors, I have found, are the biggest culprit for razor burn, bumps, etc. Spend a little extra for a nice razor. I love the one my b/f uses and ended up getting one for myself - the FUSION one with 5 blades and uses a battery to help for a smoother shave. I think anything less than 3-4 blades isn't worth it.





2. Use a good shaving gel - for sensitive skin. The reason you may be having the breakouts is because your skin tends to be sensitive to any soap or other gel you're currently using to shave.





3. I don't exfoliate my skin before I shave. Too harsh.





4. I have started to use TEND SKIN - a topical liquid you apply directly to the razor burn/bumps and ingrown hairs. It can be a bit pricey, but worth it. The other brands I have purchased do not do the trick. This dries fast and clears up the skin quickly.|||are you doing it in the shower? if so, try getting out and cooling your legs with cold water before you start shaving.|||if you have extremely sensitive skin you can shave with olive oil. if it is not that bad then find a good shave gel and a good razor. make sure to replace razor weekly. oh yeah, don't shave fast and put a good moisturizer on your legs afterwards. this should help alot. good luck.|||Wax them!|||use a good brand of shaving gel..


u shouldnt get razor burns..


after u shave u put lotion on ur legs.


;]|||U should use mens shveing cream not gel and also use a one blade razor and trow it away after one or two uses hope this Helps|||let your legs get moist when your in the shower... and also use shaving cream (gel) it helps get a much smoother shave|||Use a really cold razor. J/K. Legs can't be all that different from a face, it's hair removal after all. You want to warm the skin up first with hot bath/shower. Massage the shaving cream in, then shave with the grain using short, slow, steady strokes. Don't forget to moisturize.

No comments:

Post a Comment